Why do 21,000 members renew and join ABC year after year?
A competitive advantage!
- Our dedicated Government Affairs team allows us to be the first to hear of political developments, new regulations and grants us access to your representatives. This allows us to advocate for and protect our members and the open shop construction industry in Connecticut.
- We are your source of information for trends and developments within the construction industry.
- Long standing relations with state agencies, the Legislature and your local elected officials.
- Political Action Committee dedicated to supporting pro-business elected officials.
CT ABC has established a nonprofit training organization called the Construction Education Center, Inc., which provides:
- State of Connecticut approved curriculum for apprenticeships in all the licensed and non-licensed trades.
- State of Connecticut approved provider for the plumbing and electrical continuing education credits
- Field development educational courses encompassing topics from supervisory training, foreman training, plan reading and others.
- Nationally recognized Safety Certification program (STEP).
- ABC will assist in the development or upgrade a current safety program for our members that meet the strictest of guidelines.
- OSHA 10 and 30 courses.
- Safety training programs featuring CPR/First aid, fall protection and hazardous waste training.
- OSHA Alliance with federal organization to develop other quality seminars and courses
- Safety Committee – an ABC team ready to assist with your safety needs
- Monthly events and committees designed to enhance networking.
- Peer Groups
- Excellence in Construction Awards. The premier Construction Awards in the industry, local and national.
- Accredited Quality Contractor Program highlighting Safety,
- Employee benefits and the “Good Corporate Citizen” standards.